Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer in the SE US of A

I'm melting. I have hypothyroid disease and I am melting!!! Living in the SE of this great country makes me really happy that God gave someone the intelligence to make air conditioning. That person probably sits to the right of the throne. My thyroid disease has been the bane of my existence. And summers in the south are the closest I ever want to get to living in hell. Heat. Humidity. Scorching blacktop equals frazzled hair, chafed thighs, and irritability. If I hadn't morphed into a "big-boned girl" (another unlucky symptom of this glandular condition) Id rip my clothes off at the risk of arrest and parade around in my undies. Fortunately for the general population, I remember the lessons my momma taught me about modesty-and making others go blind- so, I'll pray for a break in this awful heat and move as fast as my lard arse will let me and scoot from my AC'd car to my AC'd work to my AC'd house. I have figured out that there are only 3 seasons here. Fall, winter, and inferno. So, move over ,Nellie, you're hogging the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment